Registering For Amazon MWS
Amazon MWS is the web service that allows us to fetch pricing and other information directly from Amazon in realtime. It is a FREE service provided by Amazon to eligible Amazon sellers to help them sell on Amazon.
In order for BookScoutPRO to fetch pricing information from Amazon for you, you must register for MWS and authorize us to do so.
To register for Amazon MWS, you must have at least one of the following Amazon accounts:
Sellers with only individual Selling on Amazon accounts are not eligible to register for or use MWS. If you are an individual seller and would like to use MWS, you can become eligible to register for MWS by upgrading to a Pro Merchant seller account from the Amazon Services Selling on Amazon page.
- Non-individual Amazon seller
- Amazon Webstore
- Amazon Product Ads
- Amazon Payments
- Amazon Fresh
- Amazon Supply
- Amazon Prime Now
NOTE: BookScouPRO currently ONLY supports the US marketplace. We are working with Amazon to make the other marketplaces (UK, EU, DE, ES, FR, IT) available.
Instructions for Sellers to Register for MWS and Authorize BookScoutPRO
- Go to http://developer.amazonservices.com. (This link will open a new window).
- Click the Sign up for MWS button.
- Log into your Amazon seller account.
- On the MWS registration page, click the button for I want to give a developer access to my Amazon seller account with MWS.
- In the Developer's Name text box, enter BookScoutPRO.
- In the Developer Account Number text box, enter 0837-1340-6422.
- Click the Next button.
- Accept the Amazon MWS License Agreements and click the Next button.
- You have successfully registered for MWS. Copy your Merchant ID and MWS Auth Token. You should also print this page and save it in a safe place.
- Now open another browser tab to your BookScoutPRO Member's Options page. Now cut and paste your Merchant ID and MWS Auth Token into the corresponding fields on your Options page. Scroll down and click any of the 'Save Changes' buttons.
- You will now see several new Amazon options appear below Your Merchant ID. Set them as you need and dont forget to 'Save Changes' again.
You are now ready to use BookScoutPRO!